Saturday, December 28, 2013

Running the Connector 5k

Well, well, well, who says that Florida doesn't have any hills.  FDOT decided to do a grand opening 5k run of the new Crosstown Connector.  What I think is funny is that I had seen pictures of the ramp and I figured that it wasn't too bad.  Oh the horror (LOL) I thought that the ramp wouldn't end.  What's even funnier is that it was uphill BOTH ways, we ran up the ramp, downward, turned around and ran upward again.  I did it in 29:13, I had fun.  I am making a call to the brothers to come on out; there were just a handful of us but the sisters showed up; Black Girls Run had a great showing.  Also I find it funny that once again a senior just cruises past me, I admired her colorful purple socks, LOL.  Well everyone have a blessed New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment